Teacher Education Journal
Tue September 26, 2023
Share: PWCE matriculates 236 newly admitted students

Presbyterian Women’s College of Education, PWCE, Aburi held its annual Matriculation Ceremony on Friday, February 24, 2023, for newly admitted students for the 2022/2023 academic year.

It was the 5th matriculation since the beginning of the 4-Year Bachelor of Education programme of the Colleges of Education in Ghana. Among the dignitaries in attendance were Rev. Ebenezer Acheampong Asiedu, the Akuapem Presbytery Chairperson of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana, Rev. Noah Boadu Ferguson, Chaplain of the Presbyterian Senior High Technical School, Aburi and Rev. Mrs Joycelyn Baffoe-Bonnie, Chaplain of the Aburi Girls Senior High School.

The Principal, Mrs Cynthia Anim, in her address welcomed the newly admitted students.  She indicated that a total of 236 students were admitted comprising 74 Early Grade Education Students, 127 Upper Primary Education, and 35 Junior High School Education (Home Economics) students.

She advised the freshmen to be disciplined and committed to the ideals and values of the College and the Presbyterian Church of Ghana. She encouraged them to seek guidance and counselling from the College’s Guidance and Counselling Unit regarding their academic and non-academic issues.

The Principal directed the students who have financial challenges to apply to the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat for assistance. She revealed that Management has also made provision for students to pay 70% of their fees at the beginning of the academic year and the remaining 30% before the beginning of the end-of-semester examinations. She also took the opportunity to inform the fresh students of the Moderator’s Academic Excellence Awards which was instituted in 2022 by the Moderator of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana and is aimed at rewarding outstanding continuing students. She advised the fresh women to be studious enough to win some of these awards in order to make their parents and sponsors proud.

She concluded by assuring the fresh women that the Management, Academic Board and Staff of the College – both teaching and non-teaching staff – will always be available and willing to guide them through their four-year stay on campus.

The Special Guest of Honour, Rev. Ebenezer Acheampong Asiedu, the Akwapem Presbytery Chairperson, congratulated the freshmen for being part of the selected few to be admitted to the College.

In his address, he noted that teaching is not just a profession, but also a calling, and requires passion, dedication, and a deep commitment in order to make a positive impact in the lives of others. He also advised them to equip themselves with technological tools to be able to face the challenges in the country’s education sector.

Rev. Ebenezer Acheampong Asiedu further advised the learners to embrace the challenges that lie ahead as they embarked on the journey of becoming professional teachers. He urged them to stay committed to their goals and to always remember that they have the power to shape the lives of future generations.


Charkitey Stephenson (English LanguageTutor, PWCE, Aburi)

Evelyn Amonoo (Ag. College Secretary, PWCE, Aburi)

Share: PWCE matriculates 236 newly admitted students

No Need to Miss Updates on TEJ

Subscribe with your Email for Weekly News Updates